Friday, May 4, 2012

Ain't got much... but I sure gotta little

.

OK....just a little bit of stuff.
 The old hometown... which is the same old hometown... received about four inches of rain early thursday morning in about a nine hour span.  Maybe everything a little flooded and wet and stuff. Backed up in basements and flooded some creeks and roads. 
Didn't bother me none, but it did get us a mention on the national news this morning.  I forgot what show.

My friend Lee, who writes a column about beer and beer stuff for a local magazine... stuffed a picture of me in his last story.  Me made sure he got everyone of my grey beard hairs in it, too.  I will get back at him.

My bloggy friend Leslie at PARSLEY'S PICKS  WROTE AND ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS PIECE on the new McCarthyism spreading across America, aided and abetted by Fox Snooze.  It is worthy of a national publication.... please go read it!!!!



My youngest, Wonder Girl, graduates from College next Saturday.  Her Senior Art Show is next week.  I really can't wait.

Her and her Mom have planned a small graduation reception.  I was told that my input was not valid..... gees, I don't know what would have been wrong with some Green Bay Packer balloons, some cheese and crackers and a keg of good beer.
Shheeesh.... women!

I put up that counter map thingee exactly one year ago.  It said that in the last year 20,833 folks visited this blog.  That can't be right, and what does it all mean?


Anywayz.... that's alla I gotz.   Ya'll have a good weekend and .... stay liberally ok.

6 comments:

Leslie Parsley said...

Congratulations to your daughter. A huge moment for her. One of mine graduated several years ago and I almost feel the other will follow suit one of these years!

And thanks for the link. It's all your fault, you know.

susan said...

I find it very scary that a growing number of Americans insist that the country isn't a democracy because it doesn't live up to their fantasies of political entitlement.

Many congratulations to your daughter - and, of course, to her very good parents.

Randal Graves said...

Hopefully your daughter won't have to turn to a life of crime, i.e. running for office, in order to pay the electric bill over the course of the coming decades.

What's wrong with Packer balloons? A little football makes anything a lot better. Chicks, man.

Snoring Dog Studio said...

Congratulations to your daughter! Hope the world is a friendly place for her as she launches her career. She has a wonderful, wise Dad, who I know will be a huge support.

Life As I Know It Now said...

We are a democracy in name only.

Congrats to your daughter. I know you must be so proud of her and that your likely to bust like one of those Packer balloons you wanted :)

S.W. Anderson said...

Read L.P.'s piece, and it was as good as you say, including the plug for your post.

My congratulations, too, to your daughter and her rightly proud parents. It's one of life's happy mileposts. Enjoy it to the full, along with the brew. :)

Blog Archive