Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I stand with Lysistrata..... cause I like to get laid, see!!!

Lysistra.: There are a lot of things about us women
That sadden me, considering how men
See us as rascals.
Calonice.: As indeed we are!
So back in 411 BC, or something like that, a guy named Aristophanes, or some such, wrote a play called Lysistrata.  Yadda, Yadda.  I always thought reading Greek plays was boring.... and in college relied heavily on Cliff Notes.  Anyways.... good old Lysistrata was awfully tired of Greek men fighting each other and the Trojans and the Persians and whoever else.  Greek men fought alot because mostly there was no NASCAR or NFL football and there were no really cool bars to hang out in and shoot darts.  So, anyway, good old Lysistrata got together with the other women, see, and they made a deal: no sex until the men stop fighting and learned to pick up their own dirty togas and take out the garbage and do so goddam dishes once in awhile.
Well that was the drift.  I saw the play once..... big cast &stuff.  My first impression was "Wow, they really cut up a lotta bed sheets to make them there togas".  Second impression... well that makes sense.... and told that to my girlfriend of the time who dragged me to the play.  I did want to get laid, too.  I am no genius, but I am not totally stupid, either.
Well maybe it's time to pull that trick again.
Rick Santorum is leading a Right Wing Charge... against birth control, womens' health,prenatal care, sex education.........and gosh... probably good old fashinioned fun filled licentious behavior.
What a idiot.  He is running for what?  President?  and he is pissing off 50% of the voters?
That's pretty Dumb.  Dumb is as dumb does.... and I for one, need no more dumb.
The planet adds about 80 million people each year.  EIGHTY MILLION.  But there is a shortage of clean water, land, fresh air.  Which we deplete each day.  Thirty some years ago the buzz was "Zero Population Growth.  The idea was have one.. or two kids... and NO MORE.  I have two great kids, a boy and a girl.  That was plenty.  After a duly judicious amount of procrastination..... I went in for a snip job.   End of story. (so what do those cats think of vasectomies, anyway.)    INFORMATION   .
SO, as I see it.... guys like Santorum and Evanjizzical Right wingers just don't get it.  When they attack women.... they are also attacking me.  From my right to get laid with a willing woman... my right to have a decent planet.  Screw them.  Figuratively.
Last night after watching a BUNCH of news about what is happening to Planned Parenthood funding....stupid shit congressional hearings... what is happening in Virginia EXCELLENT OPINION    WELL.... I got a little upset.  I posted this on a FB page.....
The radical conservative wing of the Republican Party has declared war on women's rights.....I stand with my sisters! It is time for men to Join the fight for women's rights. Gees...it's God's will....he told me so over coffee this morning.
 
... and I meant it.   And God did speak to me....just a poor humble atheist.  I figure, even if I don't believe in her... she can talk to whoever she wants to.... duh, she's God, right.
*and besides... football is another 6 months off and I hate NASCAR
 

7 comments:

Sherry Peyton said...

Yeah, I saw Lysistrata performed during a anti-war symposium back in ummm 1969 or so. Yikes, long ago. I've read the play again since then. And you are in violation of soooo many things. The snip snip is illegal (birth control ya know) and God said go forth and multiply, so that zero population is just a effort on the part of atheists to destroy Christianity. Boy you sure don't know much, except that God is a girl. That you got right.

Larry said...

"Second impression... well that makes sense.... and told that to my girlfriend of the time who dragged me to the play. I did want to get laid, too. "

Had me recalling the worst movie ever to take a date to hoping to get laid later - Carnal Knowledge with Jack Nicholson and Ann-Margaret.

Felt so guilty after watching it that I thought I had better be a boy scout and hold off that time, hoping that time would diminish the images she saw in that film. Sadly I never got a second date

Commander Zaius said...

What's the old quote about how the god's first drive those they wish to destroy insane?

The fact that Santorum is even being considered a possible president suggests to me the gods have it in for us.

Randal Graves said...

Rick Santorum, he's one of the endless parade of white guys, right?

dcMartin said...

I love you, Jim.
Ooodles.

susan said...

You can tell the Repubs are getting very desperate with the hot topic buttons they keep pushing these days.

Meanwhile, you might enjoy having a look at this take on the issue.

S.W. Anderson said...

"Rick Santorum is leading a Right Wing Charge... against birth control, womens' health,prenatal care, sex education.........and gosh... probably good old fashinioned fun filled licentious behavior. . . . and he is pissing off 50% of the voters?
That's pretty Dumb."

That's why Pennsylvania voters came to their senses and elected Santorum private citizen the last time he ran for re-election. The rest of the country should take a page from Pennsylvania's book. But for now that would be Republicans in the rest of the country, so don't count on it.

Blog Archive